ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The California Advanced Lighting Controls Training Program (CALCTP) is a statewide initiative aimed at increasing the use of lighting controls in commercial buildings and industrial facilities.
Through proper installation, advanced lighting controls improve energy efficiency in commercial facilities and save significant dollars. CALCTP will educate, train and certify licensed electrical contractors, and state certified general electricians in the proper programming, testing, installation, commissioning and maintenance of advanced lighting control systems in commercial facilities.
FIND A CALCTP-CERTIFIED CONTRACTOR
A CALCTP-Certified contractor is:
- A state licensed C-10 electrical contractor.
- Successfully completed the CALCTP Business Development Training program.
- Successfully completed the CALCTP Technical Installation program.
- Employs CALCTP-certified general electricians.
- Proficient in Advanced Lighting Controls.
What is a CALCTP Certified Lighting Controls Project ?
To be a CALCTP Certified Lighting Controls Project, the project must:
- Have a CALCTP certified contractor, and
- Job-site foremen or job- site supervisors who are supervising the work/installation/commissioning of lighting controls systems required to be CALCTP certified, and
- 50% or more of the state certified general electricians who are working on installing and commissioning the lighting controls systems are required to be CALCTP certified electrician.
U.S. Labor Secretary Hilda Solis Visits CALCTP