ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The California Advanced Lighting Controls Training Program (CALCTP) is a statewide initiative aimed at increasing the use of lighting controls in commercial buildings and industrial facilities.
Through proper installation, advanced lighting controls improve energy efficiency in commercial facilities and save significant dollars. CALCTP will educate, train and certify licensed electrical contractors, and state certified general electricians in the proper programming, testing, installation, commissioning and maintenance of advanced lighting control systems in commercial facilities.
FIND A CALCTP-CERTIFIED CONTRACTOR
A CALCTP-Certified contractor is:
- A state licensed C-10 electrical contractor.
- Successfully completed the CALCTP Business Development Training program.
- Successfully completed the CALCTP Technical Installation program.
- Employs CALCTP-certified general electricians.
- Proficient in Advanced Lighting Controls.
BECOME A CALCTP-CERTIFIED ELECTRICIAN
CALCTP partner utilities, which encompass over 90% of the California market, will require CALCTP-certified contractors and CALCTP-certified general electricians for installation.
Click here for more information
U.S. Labor Secretary Hilda Solis Visits CALCTP